Medical & Imagery Expert
- The sonographer will conduct the patient's examination in "real time".
- The expert controls at distance the ultrasound probe fixed at the end of the robot MELODY arm.
- Ultrasound images are relayed by the video-conference system.
- Address the lack of specialists in remote areas
- Offer quality exams and ensure repeat business
- Solve medical professional turnover problems
- No need to find and recruit specialists
- Save transportation costs and time
- Provide care at the community level
- Accurate diagnosis
- Reduces the number of deaths due to diagnosis delays
- Frees physicians in the field from the feeling of isolation and improves training
- Promotes better access to medical care
EXPERT SITE EQUIPMENT
MELODY EXPERT STATION
The maneuvering and viewing platform was designed to make it easy for radiologists to learn. The "dummy probe", much like a standard abdominal ultrasound probe, is used to easily and quickly control the robot from a remote location.
The station includes a communication panel, a mini control panel, a dummy probe and the MELODY Software.
The videoconferencing system is ideally suited to a real-time tele-ultrasound exam, offering simple operation and excellent communication between the patient and expert sites (HD image and highly sensitive microphones).